Eczema, also known as Atopic dermatitis, is a condition that makes your skin red and very itchy. Unfortunately, it cannot be cured, but its symptoms can be controlled from spreading out with the best white cotton gloves for eczema hands.
I first noticed symptoms of eczema when I was 19. I had just returned from a Bootcamp and initially thought I was reacting to a change of environment. But when the itching got worse, and I started developing blisters, I was forced to visit a dermatologist.
That was the most horrific moment of my life. I confined myself to the house because I was tired of all the side glances I got and explanations I had to make to people.
Things to consider before buying Cotton Gloves for Eczema Hands
Eczema makes the skin extra sensitive, cracked and scaly. To reduce these, it is advisable to use gloves. What gloves does is keep the palms moisturised to prevent scaling. They are especially important because the hands have the most contact with water which de-moisturises it.
Apart from eczema hands, what else are gloves used for?
- Dry/ cracked palms
- Hand psoriasis
Before buying gloves for eczema hands, you should have the following factors in mind:
- Ability to retain moisture: the aim of buying gloves for eczema hands is to retain the moisture on your skin, not to dry the skin. This will depend on:
- The material: cotton is an ideal glove material for eczema because it assists in the absorption of creams and ointments to retain moisture on the hands
- Breathability: this refers to the glove’s ability to transmit air and moisture. This keeps the palms comfortable within the gloves and suitable to be an overnight moisturising glove.
For these and more, Gaxcoo Moisturizing Overnight Bedtime Cotton gloves is highly recommended.
What makes Gaxcoo Moisturizing Cotton Gloves Special
The Gaxcoo Moisturizing cotton gloves are made of premium cloth quality and promise to keep your skin feeling moisturised all day long which makes it the best cotton gloves for eczema hands plus other disorders that cause the skin to be dry.
This cotton glove is the only product that’s 200g/sqm fabric weight with 100% premium quality cotton. If you doubt me, feel free to compare it with other brands. But that’s not all.
Extra care has been taken to maintain the quality of these gloves. Therefore, they come with FREE gloves washing bag to protect the gloves from tangling, pulling in washer or dryer or getting color stained by other fabrics while doing your laundry. What more could you ask for that this glove doesn’t give?
There are other benefits you will enjoy with this product such as:
- Easy maintenance
- One size fits most
- Versatility of purpose
- Its thickness and durability
- 100% money-back guarantee if you feel the product does not meet your expectation
What you may not like about the product
- The color: white is not always an easy color to maintain
- They come in only adult sizes
Features and Specs
It is really discomforting having to always drag your gloves to keep them in place, like you would with nylon gloves and many other gloves. Most times nylon gloves are supported with rubber bands to keep them in place.
With Gaxcoo Moisturizing cotton gloves, that will be unnecessary because there are stitched-in wristbands which contract and expand to fit most wrist sizes
- Strong and Sturdy stitching:
I constantly had to stitch the previous gloves I used before I bought Gaxcoo cotton gloves for eczema hands. At a point, they looked like I was practising my sewing skills on them. I eventually had to dispose of them.
I’ve been using Gaxcoo cotton gloves for over 6 months, and I’ve never had to stitch them. This is because of its strong and sturdy stitching. The gloves are also stitched neatly
This feature refers to a fabric’s ability to transmit air and moisture. These gloves are made thick. You’d expect the palms to feel hot and uncomfortable in them because of their thickness. The gloves should also retain the heat the palms generate and water, primarily when they are used as dishwashing gloves for eczema.
However, this is not the case with these gloves. They have been made breathable to ensure air moves in and out of them freely to keep your palms fresh and comfortable
- 100% premium quality cotton:
Not every cotton is of premium quality. When the quality of something is premium, it offers a better experience than its counterparts. The premium quality cotton of these gloves guarantees its durability. This quality also saves you the money you would have spent buying and replacing your gloves
- 100% money-back guarantee:
If you feel this product does not meet your expectations, Gaxcoo promises to return your money in full. Our priority is to ensure your total comfort, and if we do not achieve this, we are ready and willing to pay for it.
Gaxcoo put in the work to control the quality of products, so that what you pay for is what you get
- Low price, high quality:
After using these gloves for the first time, I wanted to pay extra because I felt I was receiving more value than I paid for. The quality of these gloves is unmatchable. I won’t mind spending two times over if I need to get more. With as little as $2.71, you can get a pair of these gloves.
No, I am not done telling you the benefits yet
- Easy maintenance: the Gaxcoo Moisturizing Cotton Gloves are easy to wash and maintain. They can be hand washed or machine washed, whichever works for you is fine. To help make your washing experience easier, FREE gloves washing bag to protect your gloves while washing alongside other fabrics have been attached in the pack
- One size fits most: the size of the gloves makes it compatible with most hands. The size of your palms would almost not matter because the wristbands will contract to keep the gloves in place if your palms are not big. They will equally expand for big palms to pass through.
Also, the gloves will fit into either of the palms.
- Versatility of purpose: they can be used as moisturizing gloves for eczema, as dishwashing gloves, for picking or touching things you wouldn’t want your hands to make direct contact with etc.
They can also be used for other skin reactions such hand psoriasis, dry skin etc
- Fabric protection: a common symptom of eczema is blisters. Blisters contain watery or bloody fluid and they could stain your clothes or other fabrics. These gloves reduce your chances of soiling your clothes or other fabrics mistakenly by limiting contact with them
- Moisture retention: the thickness of these gloves helps it retain moisture, which is what eczema hands need the most to avoid getting dry and scaling. Retained moisture also prevents friction which leads to scratching. They make for good eczema gloves to stop scratching.
You get the best of these gloves when you use them as overnight gloves for eczema. To do this, apply your prescribed cream and ointment before retiring for the day, then wear the gloves till the next day.
This functions to keep the moisture locked in and prevent the cream or ointment from staining your bed covers or pillowcases.
Gaxcoo Moisturizing White Cotton Gloves for Eczema doesn’t just talk the talk.
Perhaps, my testimony is not enough to convince you about the effectiveness of this product in moisturizing eczema hands. Let others convince you.
After using these gloves for a while, I was really surprised it wasn’t as popular as it should be- so I thought. Considering that I used about 4 different glove brands before stumbling upon these, I wanted to be sure I was not the only one enjoying this product. I’m glad I’m not.
Most people started experiencing great difference with these gloves with just 24 hours of using it!
See below reviews from other satisfied customers
You may ask: what if I do not know where to buy cotton gloves for eczema? Preferably Gaxcoo’s. What are the alternatives for cotton gloves?
- Rubber gloves:
A product of latex from trees, these gloves are common. However, the truth is they do not have the same efficiency as cotton gloves. They do not retain moisture, they are not breathable and some of them leave white marks on the skin when worn for long. They equally retain water in them, leaving your palms uncomfortable. They can be useful as overnight moisturizing gloves to keep the bedsheets and pillowcases from soiling
- Nylon gloves:
They are less expensive and can be found in almost every store. But just like rubber gloves, they are no worthy replacement for cotton gloves. Amongst other cons they have, they tear easily. They also have to be held in place by a rubber band which is uncomfortable
- Bleach bath:
This is only recommendable in cases of chronic eczema and should be recommended only by a dermatologist. Excessive or constant use of bleach in bath can lead to worse dry skin. You should also know that it will hurt because of the cracked skin.
An eczema bleach bath kills the bacteria on your skin, reduces itching, redness and scaling. This is most effective when combined with other eczema treatments such as medication and moisturizer.
If recommended by your dermatologist
- Add ¼ cup of bleach to a 40-gallon bathtub filled with warm water
- Soak from the neck down or just the affected areas of your skin for about 10 minutes
- Observe your skin closely to know how it reacts to the bleach. Rinse it off immediately if it does not tolerate the bleach bath well
- Gently pat dry with a towel. Emphasis on pat drying, so you do not dry up all the moisture on the skin
- Immediately, apply moisturizer generously on the body
The maximum recommended number of times to take a bleach bath in a week is thrice. Anything more than this is excessive and could worsen the dry skin.
Secondly, keep the bleach from making any contact with the eyes. They are harmful to them.
Final Words On Eczema Gloves For Adult
It is important to note that gloves do not treat eczema. It only reduces your skin’s exposure and prevents further skin cracks often associated with eczema while helping to retain moisture. These cracks make the skin vulnerable to new infection.
The symptoms of eczema include:
- Dry skin
- Sensitive skin
- Red to brownish-gray patches
- Thickened, cracked, scaly skin
- Itching, which may be severe, especially at night etc
If you notice any of these symptoms, it is best to visit a skin doctor to verify what exactly the problem is, as there are other skin disorders that share these symptoms.
Having eczema shouldn’t make you shut yourself out from the rest of the world, as I did. It shouldn’t even make you feel uncomfortable in your skin. Take your prescribed drugs, keep your skin always moisturised with prescribed creams and ointment, wear your Gaxcoo Moisturizing Cotton Gloves and go about your business comfortably.